Tili Wiru [Beautiful Light]
Tili Wiru is a collaboration between Koskela & the Tjanpi Desert Weavers.
Tjanpi Desert Weavers was set up by the Ngaanyatjarra Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Women’s Council in 1995 and is a social enterprise providing an income source for hundreds of women who go out bush, collect their local grasses (or ‘Tjanpi’) and weave them into baskets and sculptures and now lighting.
Each lampshade is unique as the artist is given complete artistic licence to interpret the frame and may use local grasses (‘Tjanpi’), raffia and seed pods which have been hand-painted.
- Materials & Finishes:
- Local grasses 'Tjanpi'
- Hand-painted beads
- Wire frame
- Lamp holder + Ceiling rose:
- Anodised aluminium
- Natural: Black, White
- Linished copper
- Black woven flex, 2m long with matching powder-coated fitting and ceiling rose. (Copper Only)
- White woven flex, 2m long with matching powder-coated fitting and ceiling rose
- Cable 24/020 3 core light duty PVC, double insulated 90 degrees Celsius
- Class 1 electrical and safety classification – supplied with an earth connection
- Bulb: Porcelain E27 lamp holder approved by European and Australian standards